Data Collection Tafur
First consultation in clinic Tafur. New patient
Why are we different?
At Clinic Tafur we believe in early stage diagnosis, prevention and conservative dentistry. We differentiate ourselves because we are an integral part of your oral health. Thanks to technology we can be more precise in diagnosis and anticipate possible conditions.
Steps of the first consultation
- Taking bitewing radiographs for interproximal caries control. Duration of approximately 15 mins.
- Intraoral scanning with Trios to control recessions, dental crowding, partial or total destruction of dental pieces and / or dental absences. Thanks to this sc an we can show you your teeth in 3D. Approximate duration of 15 mins.
- If it shows signs of periodontal disease, a periodontogram will be performed. Duration of approximately 30 minutes.
- Carrying out oral hygiene lasting approximately 40 minutes.
- Assessment with the dentist and treatment plan. Recommendations.
- Questions and answers, quotation and finance plan.
The first consultation as a new patient costs 60 euros
What is the aim of a dental cleaning at clinic Tafur?
It is performed with an ultrasound system, adjusting the intensity and adjusting it to each patient. We also use pressure bicarbonate, polishing paste and dental floss. And to finish we give correct brushing instructions as well as some recommendations on what type of toothpaste, toothbrush and mouthwash are the most appropriate for the patient.
Se realiza con un sistema de ultrasonido graduando la intensidad y ajustándolo a cada paciente. Utilizamos también bicarbonato a presión, pasta de pulido e hilo dental. Y para terminar damos instrucciones de cepillado correcto así como algunas recomendaciones sobre que tipo de pasta de dientes, cepillo dental y enjuague bucal son los más apropiados para el paciente.
Does it hurt?
On the day of my dental cleaning, will I know if I have cavities or if I need any dental treatment?
Cleaning and radiographs allow us to identify locations with dental pathology. These will be assessed by our dentist during your first visit together with the treatment plan.
How often do I have to take a dental cleaning?
Cleaning should be a habit every year, unless the specialist recommends doing it every 6 months or in less time. Tafur Clinic has an appointment reminder service at your disposal to inform you of the date when you should go to its maintenance.
What is periodontal disease ?
It is a disease that affects the tissues of the periodontium, due to the accumulation of plaque and tartar. The gum and bone are affected and cause bad odor, receding gums, loosening of teeth and loss of dental units.
What are the interdental brushes?
During your first visit we will inform you of the best way of brushing and we will make an in-house demonstration of their use.
Benefits of dental hygiene
- Elimina la placa dental incluso en las zonas donde no llega el cepillo
- Atenúa algunas manchas en los dientes.
- Previene enfermedades de encía tales como la gingivitis y la periodontitis
- Detección de caries en primeros estadíos.
KNOW YOUR TREATMENT OPTIONS
Monday to Friday from 8am until 10pm
Closed Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
Cerrado Sábados y Domingos
Do not worry, cleaning does not have to hurt, we adjust the intensity of the ultrasound according to the sensitivity of each patient.